Moseley's Big Plan (supplementary planning document consultation)
We asked for your help in producing Moseley's BIG PLAN. Local residents were asked to submit their big ideas for improving the area. Since that initial consultation we have been working with Birmingham City Council to work out a new plan that will help protect Moseley's character but still let it develop and remain a flourishing neighbourhood for years to come. The last plan was drawn up 1992 and so needs to be updated. This is the first time residents in Birmingham have been allowed to lead on such a plan. The aim of this new document is to provide guidance so the following outcomes are achieved:
- Moseley is a better place to live, work.
- Local resident’s vision for Moseley is realised.
- The neighbourhood character is preserved and enhanced.
- Developers, investors, businesses and others understand local priorities.
- Moseley helps tackle climate change.
All of the repsonses we received were considered and we have attempted to include as many of the ideas as possible in to the draft of the Moseley Supplementary Planning Document (SPD). Birmingham City Council will be undertaking a public consulation about the SPD from the 10th June until the 21st July 2013. You can participate in the consultation by going to www.birminghambeheard.org.uk/development/draft_moseley_spd or www.birmingham.gov.uk/moseleyspd.
You can download the SPD document below along with the Regeneration Strategy for Moseley. This document contains project ideas generated by the community during the development of the SPD. Please note the following:
- Consultation over the SPD has now ended and we shall be reviewing all the feedback in the coming months.
- Thank you to all those residents and businesses that participated in the consultation
- You're still welcome to send us comments, here at Moseley CDT, if you missed the deadline. But, please be quick.
- We hope that we will be able to circulate the updated version of the SPD in the Autumn
Dr. Austin Barber (Chair)
The Moseley Regeneration Group
|Big7_consultation summary.pdf||1.37 MB|
|Moseley supplementary Planning Document 2013.pdf||2.49 MB|
|Moseley Proposals Map.pdf||11.88 MB|
|Moseley_Regen Strategy.pdf||2.5 MB|
|Moseley_Historic Environment.pdf||914.06 KB|
|Moseley_Employment Sites.pdf||831.32 KB|
|Moseley Existing Open Space.pdf||908.88 KB|
|Moseley Green Infrastructure.pdf||880.32 KB|
|Moseley Public Access to Open Space.pdf||2.83 MB|
|Moseley community asset register.pdf||303.96 KB|